The Acrylic for the Template is now available and ready to ship.
These 3 templates can be adapted to fit a large adult or shortened to fit a smaller size for women or teens.
The child size template fitting 6 - 10 years old is available.
ORDER 2, (a gift for a friend who's sewing masks) and I'll manually refund you $7 to cover the extra shipping costs.
*includes grippy sandpaper stick-ons. cut 1/4" squares and place one or 2 on the acrylic to prevent the template from slipping during the cut.
A PICTURE TUTORIAL is available automatically as a download with purchase.
Have you had enough making pleats on masks?
Hate making pleats for masks?
Ready to give up on making masks entirely?
Tired of cutting one set at a time?
Done with the cardboard cutout that you keep slivering the edges?
Is your template shrinking?
And you’re dreading having to make another?
The acrylic template is here!
This is the Doctor recommended Olson style mask templates where you can make the masks with or without the filter pocket.
3 easy pieces.
Cuts all pieces perfectly. Match all pieces perfectly like a puzzle. Sew all pieces together with precision. Speed up the cutting part in your production and assembly line mask making. Match seams more accurately with consistent piecing. Want to make more masks faster? Without giving up all the features? Want to know how to cut the most masks from only one fat quarter? You can cut 6 layers of perfect mask template pieces with Make masks for your family and friends even if you don’t know how to sew. All instructions included. Make masks faster Olson mask with filter pocket insert acrylic template rulers 3 pieces. Instructions Video link Make masks faster
I can't say enough about using these templates for cutting. It will shave off so much time, fabric and the life of your rotary blades! It has been a joy. With this new mandate to have masks for everyone, none of us alone can keep up with the demand for masks, so I am going to roll out a few templates for the masks. coming soon!
What I love about the templates?
- cutting around the templates glides around the curves so easily.
- saves the blades from nicking the old cardboard home made templates.
- solves the problem of using paper patterns that my blade will constantly shave off a sliver of paper and eventually shrinks my pattern. plus it's harder to steer the cutting around the curves with just the paoer pattern.
- I can cut a stack of fabric and get a precise cut every time.
- It's fast! I had to be so much more careful to cut around the cardboard or paper.
- the Template stabilizes the fabric when you cut around the edge.
- Saves time. Time, you can't get back. There's an urgency to get as many masks out as possible. I can't keep up with the demand. I need to spread the news that these templates are amazing!
- Satisfying to see a stack of mask pieces ready to sew! Oh sew satisfying. With my small rotary cutter, I've cut as many as 8. But 4-6 is preferable. Depends on how sharp your blade is.
- Way cheaper than using the Accuquilt Go cutter and template. The go machine cost me $250 and the Olson Die cost me $79. I can cut with the template so much faster.
- These templates are reasonably priced for what you are going to do with them.
- You will make your money back if you sell your masks for even a $1 to cover expenses in no time at all!
- Need I say more?
- What would stop you from making masks in the most efficient way?
- I hated making masks with pleats!
How to wear and remove your masks properly. Offered by UCSF.edu
8 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
So very pleased with these. I'm new to sewing so they've been a great help. SSharon was also a great help in minimizing postage costs from the US to me in the UK. I had extra charges to pay at this end anyway but the templates have paid for themselves several times over in helping me.
Nice templates. There was one sharp edged corner that I Smoothed with an emery board. I’d definitely recommend an 18mm rotary cutter on the curves.
Got mine last week ! Sturdy material, it made cutting the pattern super efficient and quick...a tad pricey but worth the investment
These are very well made and thick enough that they won't chip or break if you drop them (I don't think). The color makes them easy to find if misplaced. I'm happy with my purchase.
I was hesitant to purchase these templates, as I already have the Accuquilt Go and Olson templates. However, even though the Accuquilt is fast, don’t get me wrong, I was finding a lot of fabric waste. Not only that, but I haven’t been cutting out the tie part of the template. By hand cutting with my small rotary cutter, I get very accurate pieces with the acrylic templates and very little waste. I would definitely recommend them.
I love them. It makes cutting so much faster.
Shipped fast, good product
Love the templates. This allows me to rotary cut several layers of fabric at one time. Would have given it a 5 star if instructions were sent with it on how to sew the mask after cutting it out.